Monday, July 7, 2008

Tech Tues/Web Wednesday - A useful website

I recently came across a blog hosted by Pelissippi State Technical Community College that serves as an archive of sessions held by their Educational Technology Services from 2000-2007 to help with technology concerns, specifically (in their words)..."Computer Curses, PC Phobias or other High Tech Hysterics."

I came across the site as I was looking for information about file extensions, and after perusing realized that it held a wealth of information.

The site is a wonderful resource of information written in layman's terms. I really appreciate the derisive tone used in writing the posts...it keeps the reading light and enjoyable. (This is a major plus, as often this is not a quality evident in technology resource websites.)

On the down side, the group has ended this series and so commenting or questioning what's been written is not an available function.  Additionally, because the series has ended and due to the ever-changing nature of technology, the information posted may lose its validity quite quickly.

Overall, The site proves to be a great working example of how a community of learners can use technology to share their knowledge with others.  Many of the topics on the site deal with understanding new software and web-based applications as well as providing information on useful resources in creating technology rich learning environments and developing a tech-based community within the school setting.  I would recommend this website to any educator looking for a well-organized, easy-to-read resource to help them better understand the new technologies available to them and their students.

No comments: